Katie Rose Pladl was adopted about 20 years ago. Now, she’s been arrested for having a baby with her biological father Steven Walter Pladl, according to a WNCN report.
Katie Pladl first met her birth parents when she turned 18. Warrants obtained by the outlet show that she found them on social media, and soon moved to their home in Richmond, Virginia. Two of her siblings also lived there.
Let’s go over this in chronological order.
- Steven Walter Pladl allegedly started sleeping in Katie Pladl’s room, the mother said, according to authorities.
- He legally separated from the mother in November 2016, and she moved out.
- The mother read one of her children’s journals, which said that Katie Pladl was pregnant, and Steven Pladl the father.
- Steven Pladl told the children to call Katie Pladl the stepmother.
- When the mother confronted her ex about this, he allegedly told her that yes, he was the father, and he planned to marry Katie.
- The children told the Henrico County Child Advocacy Center on May 31, 2017, that they were told that their dad was the father of Katie Pladl’s baby.
Father and daughter eventually moved to North Carolina. Henrico County cops obtained warrants for them, and arrested them Jan. 27. An infant boy, born last September, was found with them.
The defendants were booked for incest with adult, adultery, and contributing to delinquency, and were held for extradition on $1 million bond at Wake County Detention Center in North Carolina.
[Mugshots via Wake County]
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]